WHATs in TawiTawi

Singing

12/06/2008 06:21:00 PMKcaiyah D.

Singing is one of the favorite pastimes of Tawi-Tawians.

Several native songs from the province have been revived by other groups in the Philippines such as the Baleleng and Pakiring. Pakiring is a song that is used in dancing the Pangalay.

Tawi-Tawians also loves to make lyrics out of famous English and Malay songs. An example of these are Tawi-Tawi Kalasahan (from Uncle John in Jamaica) and Taluk Bayo.

Now, there are several recording studios in town for those who wants their songs to be on track. They don't need to go to Malaysia or Zamboanga City just to make their songs on track. And many singers are being recognized. Technology has helped a lot in the blooming of the music industry in Tawi-Tawi. And hopefully, it will be a fruitful one in the future.

Talking of singing, one of the most talented singer in the country today has been invited to sing the most appreciated song ever written in Tawi-Tawi. The song has been part of the lives of the people there. I am talking about the song you are listening to here in my blog. The title is Susulan Tawi-Tawi which means Tawi-Tawi Beach. Well, the singer is none other than my personal favourite, Mr. Christian Bautista.

Here is the trivia: he sang the song in Sinama. Shocked? Oh, don't be. It's not like it is impossible, right? I mean, Sinama is not that hard to speak. Sadly, I am not fluent at it. :)) Anyway, yah, it is true. When I heard the song, I idolized Mr. Christian even more. :)

Okay, enough with my fantasies about Christian Bautista. I'm getting really far from my topic right there. hahah.

Going back! There is one group of singers in Sibutu who are making a wave in Tawi-Tawi nowadays. They are called the LP Boys. They have lots of videos in Youtube. And I enjoy so much listening to them especially to the youngest one, Frazil Nasa. He is so cute. haha. ( im doing it again!)

anyway, here is one of the kid's song:
enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
pls leave your comments and suggestions. thnx. Allah bless!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form