People Simunul

TTSAT Class Valedictorian: The Value of Time

7/29/2022 11:05:00 PMFJ HAMJA

Isahac graduated again as Class Valedictorian for the fourth time.

AHMAD HANEEF YUSOP ISAHAC remained to be the cream of the crop of his batch as he graduates as Class Valedictorian on June 28, 2022 and led the 365 graduates this year of the Tawi-Tawi School of Arts and Trades (TTSAT). He currently holds the highest number awards ong Senior High School graduates in TTSAT with 20  medals and 20 certificates from both academic and co-curricular activities. He also obtained the highest score in MSU-SASE among the TTSAT SHS graduates in the last five years. He graduated from Ima'am Ulama Elementary School in Simunul, Tawi-Tawi as Class Valedictorian. In junior high school, he finished With Highest Honors at MSU-TCTO Manuk-Mangkaw. He does not only excelled in western education for he also graduated as the Class Valedictorian of Mahad Manuk Mangkaw Al-Arabie Al-Islamie in Simunul, Tawi-Tawi.

This 19 year-old lass is active not just in academic but in extra curricular activities as well. He was the Student Body Organization President in Junior High School, Muslim Students Association - Vice-president and President of Sci-Pi Society (Science and Mathematics Students) in TTSAT. He's also good in sports like badminton, soccer, table tennis and basketball. This shows that he's not the weirdo-type of Valedictorian you've met in school.

Haneef was born and raised in Simunul, Tawi-Tawi on April 24, 2003 to both Simunulian parents: Mr. Abdulwahab Isahac and Mrs. Sitti Rashida Isahac. Growing up, he loves reading noble books like Holy Qur'an and Islamic stories.

Here's an excerpt of Ahmad's interview to some of our questions:

1. What are your secrets in achieving your dreams/excelling in both Islamic and Western education?

"There’s a lot to do in order to achieve our dreams. My own way to excelling both islamic and western education is to manage my time, I always mind that time is LIFE. And we all know that seeking knowledge about Islam is obligatory for all Muslims, it will benefit us, help and guide us not just in this world but also in our Akhira. Hard work is my key to achieve my dreams and achievements in both islamic and western education".

2. What is your advice to young Muslims in today's generation who wants to excel both in Islamic and Western Education?

"Nowadays, many youths stress out about excelling both in islamic and western education, they’re thinking more about western education, in short they’re more focused in this world. They did not analyze the world of balance.  My advice to young Muslims in today’s generation is to know and comprehend the value of time, you must not let go about how you handle both Islamic and western education. Time management is the key to excel both in islamic and western education, they are both important to us. But you always remember Allah guide you no matter what, so hold on, don’t let go. These both education will help you prepare and acquire a better future not just for yourself but for your family and community as well.

3. What are ur plans after senior high school?

"My plan after my senior high school is I want to continue my studies at MSU Tawi-Tawi. I want to pursue a Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Sciences since I pursued STEM strand in senior high school and just like my father, I aspire to be an educator someday. I have a great feeling that I will succeed in teaching because I really found my skills and interests on this course. I want to acquire more knowledge and skills in the world of Science since it always fascinates me. As a matter of commitment, I wanted to be one of the pieces of inspiration to life of other dreamers specially the Tawi-Tawi children 'cause just like our national hero I also believe that the youth is hope of our motherland."

4. Any message u want to share with your fellow young Tawi-Tawians?

"My message for my fellow young Tawi-Tawians, you must always remember that life is hard but never ever give up. Pray, believe, work hard with strength and you will be successful someday. If there were a bad things happened  in your past don’t let it stay with you for the hereafter, don’t let the past hit you harder. For get about it and get the lesson learn from it. We need to focus on our future and move forward because it doesn’t matter how you start the race but what matter mosts is how you end the race".

5. Simunul is known as the cradle of Islam in the Philippines, so what are your hopes for young Simunulians?

"I hopes for young Simunulians that their dreams or goals will be come true someday. The dreams that will help and improve the lives of not just the Simunulians but Tawi-Tawians in general. I hope more Simunulians will be inspired and aspire to become a better citizen of our country so that we can help uplift the quality of life in Tawi-Tawi and I hope many young Simunulians would excel and pursue not just Western education but Islamic education as well and would make every Simunulian’s heart more closer to Allah SWT since we came from the Cradle of Islam in the Philippines."

Isahac together with his parents, Dr. Jalas and Gov. Sali of Tawi-Tawi



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form